Saturday, December 15, 2012

My thoughts exactly

I read Teruo Higa's book, An Earth Saving Revolution yesterday and he said exactly what I was trying to say in my last blog post.  I quote:

"By its very nature, the practice of medicine should fall into the category of what can be described as a declining industry.  By that I mean if the medical profession were doing its job efficiently and actually curing patients, by rights there should be a decline in their number to such a degree that physicians might be brought to the point where it would be touch and go whether they could stay in business or not.  The medical profession should be considered noble and highly respected, and self-sacrificing professionals a matter of course.  As such, it should be one where it would be appropriate for the state to take responsibility for providing medical treatment for its nationals and special support for the physicians and others working in the profession, who, as I have already said, if they were doing their job properly and keeping people healthy, would constantly be under the threat of finding themselves unemployed.  In my opinion, it's time to return to the true origins of medicine and healing, and to appreciate them once again for what they really are."

No comments: